Monday, 22 March 2010

The Rolling Stones

I have always been a massive fan of The Rolling Stones. I love their music and going to two of their Glasgow concerts with my twin brother are two of my best ever nights out. My recent inactivity means that I am showing increasing signs of gathering moss and, as a result, some of the songs of my favourite band have taken on new meaning:


I Can't Get No (Satisfaction)

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Not Fade Away

It's All Over Now

Start Me Up

Miss You

Beast Of Burden

Shattered

Mixed Emotions

Tumbling Dice

Emotional Rescue

Losing My Touch

Little By Little

Good Times, Bad Times

Time Is On My Side

The Last Time

Long Long While

Standing In The Shadow

No Expectations

Surprise Surprise

Try A Little Harder

Out Of Time

Sway

I Got The Blues

The Worst


Any additional suggestions of Stones' songs or appropriate titles by other singers/bands?

7 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    I think The Stones have pretty much covered the territory -- for my CFS anyway. I am also a huge fan -- saw them live in Oakland, California over 40 years ago (yes, I was young!).

    I'll add a few though: Let it Bleed, Under My Thumb, 19th Nervous Breakdown, and Paint It Black

    It's hard to beat Start Me Up. I could only shake my head and smile at that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off the top of my head, The Beatles - Nowhere Man & I'm Only Sleeping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then there's good old Robert Zimmerman - You ain't going nowhere"

    http://richard-lucas.blogspot.com/2009/08/bobby-d-on-forthcoming-wedding.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard- Ha! I was thinking about compiling a list of Dylan songs later in the week. There are loads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris. You can start your list with A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall. It probably comes first alphabetically anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, song lyrics take on a whole new meaning now, don't they? I like to belt out "I Will Survive" when it comes on the radio.

    The Stones are OK, but I'm more of a Who fan myself...

    It's good to see you still have your sense of humor, Chris!

    Sue
    S

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be Jumping Jack Flash if I had the energy.

    ReplyDelete